As the calendar turns to December, it’s time to start seriously preparing for year-end. Throughout this year, Microsoft has introduced changes to Dynamics 365 F&O to help organizations better manage and understand their business. One key update to keep in mind came in the 10.0.26 service update and was related to the year-end close screen.
Within the version 10.0.26 upgrade- the look for the form for running the year end close has changed. There is now a history section that will populate as you run closes but does not show any previous inventory closes. This does not mean they are gone or lost. Those vouchers still exist, but with the form upgrade in version 10.0.26 it will only populate the history going forward.
This post will help users walk through what the new year-end screen looks like and how it functions.
Running year-end close
Navigate to: General Ledger>Period close>Year end close
- To run a year-end close, select the “Run year-end close” drop down from the top tool bar. Make sure to select which Legal entity the close will be ran for, and press OK.
2. When OK is pressed a parameters screen will pop-out from the right-hand side of the screen.
3. Select the Fiscal year from the drop down, and the Voucher number desired.
4. By default, the close will run in batch.
5. To reverse a year end close- check the close you want reversed from the list it from the list- and selecting the blue Reverse year-end close button just below the history header.
This will run in batch through a pop-up on the right-hand side of the screen.
6. Once a close has been ran the history will populate under the “Year-end close history” section and will show:
- Processed date/time
- Entity Name
- Fiscal Year
- Voucher number
- If it was reversed
- Date/Time of Reversal
LLauren Wooll is a Functional Consultant for Caf2Code.com, your go-to Microsoft Gold Certified Dynamics 365 development consultant agency. Read more →